ARCADIA, Calif. (June 4, 2012) – The Breeders’ Cup and Santa Anita Park today announced that tickets are now on sale to the general public for this year’s Breeders’ Cup World Championships, Friday, November 2 and Saturday, November 3. This is the sixth time that that Santa Anita will host the event and the third time under the two-day Championship format, which will begin on Friday with a 10-race program. Saturday’s card will include 12 races and will finish with the $5 million Breeders’ Cup Classic at approximately 5:30 p.m. PT.
The 29th Breeders’ Cup, Thoroughbred racing’s most prestigious global event, consists of 15 races with purses and awards totaling more than $25 million.
The 2009 Breeders’ Cup at Santa Anita featured some of the greatest moments in racing history as more than 96,000 fans were in attendance over the two-day event, climaxed by super mare Zenyatta becoming the first female ever to win the Breeders’ Cup Classic.
This year, fans will be able to purchase Breeders’ Cup tickets in two ways:
- Fans may log on to the Web at www.breederscup.com/tickets to access the online ticket system, which allows purchasers to view seat locations and buy their tickets in a fast, efficient manner.
- Those without online access or in need of assistance may purchase tickets by telephone by calling toll-free at 1 877-910-9511.
Due to the success of the recently concluded pre-sale, most premium areas have already been sold; however, excellent seats are available in Grandstand Reserved, Turf Club box seating and Dining. Among the ticketing options for this year’s Championships are:
· Ticket prices for reserved seats on Championship Friday range from $40-$250 and on Championship Saturday from $75-$300. There are also bundled two-day packages available for Grandstand Reserved seats, Turf Club box seating and premium dining experiences.
· All fans purchasing reserved seating (Grandstand, Clubhouse and Turf Club) will receive free track programs on both Friday and Saturday upon entering the racetrack.
· Fans will have the option to purchase single seats within a Turf Club Box and in the following Dining areas: Sirona’s Paddock View Dining and Clockers’ Corner Trackside Dining.
· General Admission print-at-home tickets will go on sale beginning October 1. Fans will receive a 25% discount on general admission prices by purchasing their tickets in advance and online. The online price for Championship Friday will be $10. General Admission online price on Championship Saturday is $15. General admission prices at the gate on Championship Friday will be $15 and $20 on Championship Saturday.
Breeders’ Cup and Santa Anita Park have enlisted QuintEvents as its official provider of fan experience packages. Fans will be able to select from packages that include Friday & Saturday Championships tickets and private hospitality with celebrity jockey ‘meet and greet’ opportunities and add-on such enhancements as: parties, ground transportation and hotels. Log on to www.breederscup.com/tickets or call 833-834-8663 for more information.
“Together with our host, Santa Anita Park, we look forward to another outstanding experience for our fans from around the globe attending the Breeders’ Cup to enjoy the most spectacular two-days of racing at one of the world’s most re mark able racetracks,” said Craig Fravel, Breeders’ Cup President and CEO. “We were delighted with the record turnout in 2009 and encourage fans to take advantage of the new seating options available this year.”
“This is an exciting time for all of us at Santa Anita and we’re happy to be able to begin selling tickets on June 4 for the two-day Breeders’ Cup in November,” said Santa Anita President George Haines. “I’ve been a part of every Breeders’ Cup dating back to 1986 and they’ve all been tremendous successes. We’re hopeful this year’s event is going to be our best ever and we look forward to once again welcoming our fans and horsemen from all over the world to what we believe is the most beautiful venue in all of racing. The Best is Certainly Yet to Come.”
About Breeders’ Cup
The Breeders’ Cup administers the Breeders’ Cup World Championships, Thoroughbred racing’s year-end Championships. The Breeders’ Cup also administers the Breeders’ Cup Challenge qualifying series, which provides automatic starting positions into the Championships races. The 2012 Breeders’ Cup World Championships, consisting of 15 races and purses totaling more than $25 million will be held Nov. 2-3 at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, Calif., and will be televised live by the NBC Sports Network. Breeders’ Cup press releases appear on the Breeders’ Cup Web site, www.breederscup.com. You can also follow the Breeders’ Cup on social media platforms, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.